- All Products (117)
- Product Bundles (0)
- Farm Fresh Eggs (1)
- Fresh Milk (8)
- Freshly Baked Natural Bread (6)
- Seasonal Vegetables (17)
- Local Fruit (4)
- Yogurt and Cheese (11)
- Fresh Meat (14)
- Maple Products & Honey (3)
- Freddy's Rockin' Hummus (3)
- Christmas wreaths (in season!) (2)
- Fresh herbs (7)
- Saratoga Crackers (5)
- Jams and Jellies (4)
- Homemade Baked Desserts (0)
- Salad Dressings Mustard and Pickles (8)
- Vegetables and flowers for planting (24)
- Kettle Corn (1)
- Peanut Butter (0)
Flourless (Gluten-Free) Chocolate Cake
(This recipe is adapted from King Arthur Flour by one of our customers)
1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli brand semi-sweet mini chips)
1/2 C unsalted butter
3/4 C granulated sugar (I use organic and a little less)
1/4 tsp salt
1 to 2 tsp instant espresso powder (I use Medaglia D'oro brand, available at Hannaford)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 large eggs (from Wind Drift Farm, of course!)
1/2 C unsweetened cocoa powder, plus a little for dusting (I use Ghirardelli brand)
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease an 8" round cake pan; cut a piece of waxed paper to fit, lightly grease this and dust with cocoa powder.
- At very low heat, melt the butter and chocolate chips. Transfer this mixture to a mixing bowl.
- Into the bowl, stir in sugar, salt, espresso powder, and vanilla.
- Add eggs, beating briefly until smooth.
- Add the cocoa powder and mix just to combine.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 25 minutes; the top will have formed a thin crust and an instant read thermometer should register at least 200 when inserted into its center.
- Remove from the oven and cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Carefully loosen the edges of the pan with a table knife and turn it over onto a serving plate. (The top will now be on the bottom - that's fine. The edges may crumble a bit - that's fine, also. Allow the cake to cool completely.
- When ready to serve, top with freshly whipped cream (I use Battenkill heavy cream, vanilla, confectioner's sugar)
- YIELD: one 8" cake, 8-12 servings (This is a rich cake!)
- HINT: For cleanest slicing, use a sharp knife dipped in hot water and wiped dry. Repeat dipping/wiping dry for each slice.
Easy Beef Osso Buco
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt over beef. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil; swirl to coat. Add beef; cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Add beef to a 6-quart electric slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to skillet; swirl. Add onion, celery, carrot, tomato paste, and garlic; sauté 4 minutes. Add stock and mushrooms. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add stock mixture, wine, cornstarch, pepper, and bay leaf to slow cooker.
3. Place tomatoes on a jelly-roll pan. Broil 8 minutes or until blackened. Place tomatoes on beef, pressing lightly to crush.
4. Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours or until beef is tender. Remove beef from cooker. Remove meat from bones; discard bones. Stir meat and 1 1/4 teaspoons salt into cooker. Discard the bay leaf.
5. Combine parsley, rind, and garlic. Sprinkle on top.